Treatment on the NHS is wide-ranging and includes just about everything to restore and maintain your oral health.
You are likely to be entitled to free NHS treatments if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are under 18 years of age, or aged 18 and in full time education
- Have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Have an NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate?
For those who pay for their NHS treatment, it is subsidised by Scottish Government. A patient pays 80% of the costs, up to a maximum of £384, at the moment. You will always be issued with a full estimate of costs after your examination.